The rise of secularism has attacked long-taught subjects of education. For example, we did not want our children to learn evolution in school and then come home and hear us talk about how God created the world. Public schools have deemed a Christian worldview as unintelligible or inappropriate due to America’s belief in religious freedom. We did not want this to be a reality for our children.
Though downplaying the existence of God has become the norm, the classical homeschool curriculum understands that educating children about God, life on Earth, and life after death are not just important, but of the utmost importance.
After my husband and I knew we wanted to homeschool our children, we had to decide which material we would use. This might be the most overwhelming part of homeschooling when you first begin, in my opinion. I am a very organized person and I wanted my day laid out for me. I knew this might take me a lot of preparation, so I began to research how to put together the best curriculum.
Then I found Memoria Press!
If anything gives me the daily reassurance that I can be a good homeschooling mom, it is this curriculum. I feel so confident and excited to teach my children. Now, don’t get me wrong, there are bumps in our days, sometimes BIG bumps, but I do not have to stress about what I am teaching for the day, the week, or the year.
Let’s look at some other reasons why I love using Memoria Press in our home.
A Classical Approach
The Memoria Press homeschool curriculum teaches grammar, dialectic (the art of investigating or discussing the truth of opinions) and rhetoric (the art of effective or persuasive speaking or writing, especially the use of figures of speech and other compositional techniques) through a Christian worldview—and uses an educational approach ideally suited to a child’s natural learning style.
- With Memoria Press, all of the planning work is already done for me. I don’t have to research different options, or write lesson plans. I went to a supply store at the beginning of the year and bought all of the material we needed (mostly for craft time) like a white board, scissors, hole punch and other things like that.
- It offers just the right amount of structure. I am juggling 3 kids when I homeschool. I vacillate back and forth between being a drill sergeant and trying to distract my younger kids. MP provides me the right amount of structure and rigor to keep our days running along. If I become frustrated, I can stop, take a break and pick back up very easily.
- Even though MP is structured, there’s room for flexibility, too. We can do 3 days one week and 6 days the next to catch up. MP’s clear focus helps me to look ahead and adjust the schedule, scope and sequence to fit our family’s needs.
- It doesn’t take all day. I am not some kind of homeschooling rock star, that is for sure! The actual schooling part of my day doesn’t take more than a couple of hours. Right now, my son is in kindergarten and we tend to break it up throughout the day when he starts to lose focus.
- MP saves me time and energy. I could spend weeks pouring over different selections for reading, math, history and composition. But for me, that’s time that could be better spent tending to my home or reading a book for my own pleasure. Having the guideline from MP makes my path so much smoother, and saves me all the guesswork.
- MP has simple, easy to use Teacher Guides. This is what really sold me! Nervous about teaching? The teacher guides are laid out logically, with everything you need to know to teach the topic at hand.
- Concise Lesson Plans. One of my very favorite pieces of the MP curriculum is the Curriculum Manual, or the lesson plans for each grade level. Each and every day is laid out for you, in an easy to digest format.
- The Sodalitas Gathering. Memoria Press offers you the opportunity to connect with other homeschooling families, be inspired by the beauty of classical education, and become better equipped to lead your family in a successful school year. This was such an amazing experience for me!
A Mom and an Educator
Maybe you have been on the fence about homeschooling your kids because you have thought to yourself, “I cannot manage everything” or “I do not know what I am doing”.
I was you!
One of the many benefits of homeschooling with a Christian homeschool curriculum is that as the educators we have a standard purpose for education: to glorify God through the pursuit of truth so that our children grow to reflect this excellence of Christ to this lost and broken world.
If you think you are ready to take the plunge and join the Memoria Press family, I have partnered with them to help families begin without feeling overwhelmed.
Memoria Press have given me confidence and has allowed me to pursue my passion to teach my kids diligently without fear. If you think you would like to begin this curriculum and have questions, please reach out to me so we set up an appointment. To set up a phone appointment, click here.