While essential oils can (and should) be used for occasional health issues, perhaps their most useful application is for that of maintaining your health. Think of oils as you would a dietary supplement; when you use supplements you are doing so to give your body the nutrients it needs to function properly.
While there are differences from person to person in usage preference, it is generally accepted that using the oils consistently is important to getting your desired results.
Dr. David K. Hill states, “Using a variety of essential oils on a regular basis could be more significant than focusing on oil selection or specific application methods. Routine and deliberate application of essential oils can often increase and even sustain health benefits.”
Some people in the aromatherapy industry may express concern over regular daily use of essential oils, concerned that they are too potent. We find this belief to be unfounded when oils are used safely. Many scientific reviews and studies verify that appropriate doses of essential oils are safe and efficacious.
Incorporate essential oils into your daily life and support your body in a natural and safe way with the following considerations:
The oils you use matter. As the world leader of essential oils, doTERRA strives to ensure that only the highest quality oil is bottled for distribution. This attention to quality does two things: One, in comparison to using only the pure oil, using altered essential oils dramatically increases the possibility of sensitivity or reactions, and decreases the effectiveness of the oil. And two, it means that a small does is sufficient. We will talk more about the appropriate dosage below.
Just as you shouldn’t take more than the recommended dose of vitamins or minerals, essential oils are potent and a very small dose is more than sufficient. Whether used in a diffuser, on your skin, or in a Veggie Capsule, no more than a few drops are needed at a time.
Take a look at the many ways to use individual essential oils, and you’ll see that many benefits are similar. However, changing up the oils you use rather than sticking to one or two can be beneficial, just like having variety in your diet. Another way trying new oils benefits you is you can find what oils work best with your body’s chemistry for the benefits you want.
Some oils are incredibly potent, like the phenols and aldehydes groups (Cassia, Oregano, to name a few). These are known as “hot oils” and should always be diluted. But, aside from these dilution is an excellent method to use with any oil to increase the surface area and slow down absorption to prevent any possible sensitivities.
Young children and the elderly will require special precautions when using essential oils. Their skin is typically more delicate and sensitive; in these cases, appropriate dilution modifications or essential oil substitutions for less strong oils (like Spearmint instead of Peppermint) can be made.
Adult Daily Routine
- Apply 1–2 drops of Balance to the bottom of your feet when you wake up.
- Apply 1 drop of Frankincense under your tongue.
- With breakfast, take one Terrazyme®, one PB Assist®, and doTERRA Lifelong Vitality
- Use a citrus oil in your water throughout the day. Dr. Hill suggests Lemon, Tangerine, or Grapefruit.
- With lunch, take one Terrazyme.
- Appply Deep Blue® Rub after strenous activity in the afternoon (or when needed).
- Diffuse doTERRA On Guard®, add one drop under your tongue, or take a doTERRA On Guard® Softgel.
- With dinner, take one Terrazyme and doTERRA Lifelong Vitality
- Diffuse your favorite oil for relaxation or apply to the bottom of your feet. We suggest Lavender or doTERRA Serenity®.
Kids Daily Routine
- Apply 1 drop of On Guard to their spine at breakfast.
- Diffuse peppermint to keep them alert and focused.
- With breakfast, take one of the kids PB Assist®, and Kids Omega.
- Use an empowering oil during school time or when they get home such as Thinker or Brave (The NEWEST from our kids line).
- Apply the Kids Rescuer Blend after sports or if they have growing pains.
- Diffuse doTERRA On Guard®, or have them drink lemon in some water or a smoothie.
- Apply serenity, lavender or the Calmer (from the kids line) to the bottom of the feet.
Now that the routine is laid out, it is time to take into consideration your own needs alongside the needs of your family.
Becoming a dōTERRA Wellness Advocate is an amazing opportunity to purchase CPTG essential oils at 25% below the retail cost. With an enrollment charge of $35, you will have access to many business and product tools that will help you enjoy the benefits of living, sharing, and building with dōTERRA. Or if you choose to enroll onto my team with an enrollment kit, the $35 fee is completely waived!
Here is the link to all of the enrollment kits,
When you become a Wellness Advocate, you will be given a wholesale membership number and will be prompted to create a password. Once you have obtained your membership ID number, you can purchase products online by visiting mydoterra.com.
I will personally help support you and your families needs!
I look forward to supporting you,