Oh the war against getting our kids to eat greens. Honestly, I just tell myself to just keep offering them to my kids. I am straight up with my son – sugar is bad for us and we need to eat lots of protein and greens! He seems to understand, but then when it comes time to eat 1 cherry (only 1!) he thinks it is the end of the world.
Here is something my son loves – gummy bears. I get him the surf sweets brand with no artificial junk in it. But I would feel so much better if I knew he was getting something good for him in the gummy bears. Too much to ask for? Not anymore!
What is TerraGreens you might ask? doTERRA TerraGreens is a proprietary blend of whole food fruits and vegetables combined with superfruits and doTERRA CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® essential oils. Many of these types of green mixtures exist on the market, but I love this one by doTERRA because it has essential oils in it! I mix it with protein and water after a long workout in the summer. It has a light sweetness to it.
Homemade TerraGreens Gummies
- 2 cups of fruit juice
- 1 tbsp. of raw honey
- 2 scoops of TerraGreens Powder
- 6 tbsp. unflavored grass-fed gelatin
- Gummy Bear Mold (amazon)
- Bring fruit juice to a boil. Remove from heat and stir until dissolved. Add TerraGreens and stir.
- Sprinkle gelatin in one tbsp. at a time, stirring constantly with a wire whisk so the gelatin doesn’t clump.
- Use a syringe to transfer the liquid into the mold. Refrigerate 2 hours or until solid. Keep leftovers in the fridge.
These are seriously delicious and super easy to make once you have the tools you need. Gelatin is so good for the gut too! Here is why,
- Can improve digestion since it naturally binds to water and helps food move more easily though the digestive tract
- Source of protein (though not a spectacular one) but its specific amino acids can help build muscle.
- Supports skin, hair and nail growth
- Good for joints and can help joint recovery
Have your kids be a part in making them too! Shop here to get your own TerraGreens or let me know if you would like to try a sample for your family!